Clay Cups Studio is a paint your own pottery and social canvas studio in Downtown Galveston. It is located at 2201 Market St. To register for a class go to claycupstudios.com or call (409)762-CLAY. Sessions this month are:
- March 7th and April 21st (6pm) – Beginner Silk Scarf Painting
- March 9th (6-8pm) and March 10th (11am-1pm, 2-4pm, 5-7pm) – Glass Fusion Wind Chimes
- March 17th (5:30-9pm) – St. Patrick’s Day at Clay Cup: Pints on the Patio with live music
Spring Break Camp
March 13th-15th (9am-3pm) – Spring Break Camp 2018 – Galveston Island has so many awesome magazines. They give us news and entertainment, but how are they made? What kinds of aspects go into making a magazine? What really is a magazine? Well, a magazine is art. It is so many elements of art rolled up and put in one amazing piece of reading material. You have the writing of course, but you also have drawing, calligraphy, photography, and advertising. During this three day spring break camp, you will be making your own magazine. Not only will each child get to work on their own article – getting to interview one of the many amazing businesses in the Postoffice District, but they will also create, laugh, and learn. There will be special guests like Laura Elder of “Coast Monthly Magazine,” graffiti artist Gabrial Prusmack, and Miguel Cruz author of “Dancing Letter,” a book set to release in March of this year. Kids will be working with photography, drawing/illustrating, writing, calligraphy, and advertising. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited, please make sure to RSVP as soon as possible. Snacks and drinks will be provided but please make sure to pack them a lunch. The cost is $150 per child.
Summer camp at Clay Cup Studios is always a little messy and a lot of fun. This year, there are three-day camps, one-day camps, and a Mud Club camp. Spaces go fast, sign up soon!
For three-day camps, there will be snack and drinks, but please pack a lunch or you can get a lunch kit from Old Moon Pie and Deli for $18. This will include a sandwich and sides for all three days. Camps are $150.
- June 19th-21st (10am-3pm) – Animal Planet: Animal-themed mixed media
- July 10th-12th (10am-3pm) – Tile Me About It: Making Mosaic Tables
- August 7th-9th (10am-3pm) – Under The Sea: Mermaids and Sharks, $150
One-day camps are $30.
- Friday July 6th (10am-12:30pm) – Pamper Yourself: Make perfume, soaps and lip balms
- Friday July 20th – Desserts
- Friday August 3rd – Emoji’s
The first day of this camp is for building and the second day is for painting. There are both morning (10am-12 noon) and afternoon sessions (6-8pm) for this camp. Cost is $50.