Clay Cup Studios Summer Camps Promise Creative Fun
Clay Cups Studio is a paint your own pottery and social canvas studio located in Downtown Galveston. You can find the studio at 2201 Market St. To register for a class go to claycupstudios.com or call (409)762-CLAY. Classes are:
- May 5th (11am, 2pm, 5pm): Mother’s Day Metal Stamping Workshop
- May 11th (6-8:30pm): Sip & Paint Canvas Night, Day at the Beach
- May 12th (5:30-8:30pm): Teen Night: Just Kiln Out Ice Cream Night
- May 17th (6-8pm) and 19th (5-7pm): Glass Fusion Coral Bowls
- May 25th-26th (9am, 11am): Fathers Day Silk Tie Painting
Summer Art Camps
Summer camp at Clay Cup Studios is always a little messy and a lot of fun. This year, there are 3 day camps, 1 day camps and a Mud Club camp.
3 Day Camps
These camps are 9am-3pm Tuesday-Thursday and cost $150.
- June 19th-21st: Animal Planet (mixed media)
- July 10th-12th: Tile Me About It (mosaics)
- August 7th-9th: Under the Sea (mermaids and shark themed)
1 Day Mini Camps
These camps are held 10am-12:30pm and cost $30.
- July 6th: Pamper Yourself – Make perfume, soaps and lip balms
- July 20th: Desserts – Yummy Treats
- August 3rd: Emoji’s
Mud Club Camp
This two part camp is $50. Held July 13th and 27th, the first day is for building and second day is for painting. AM Camp is 10am-12 noon and afternoon camp is 6-8pm. Choose whichever time fits yours best.
Turtles About Town
Turtles About Town is a city wide project in Galveston. The project has been put in place to help raise awareness about the Kemps Ridley sea turtle while helping drive tourism and business to the local economy. Clay Cup Studios, Galveston’s local interactive art studio, has partnered with Turtle Island Restoration (TIRN). TIRN is a leading advocate for the world’s oceans and marine wildlife.
Sponsors in the community will sponsor a turtle statue. Local artists then work with the sponsor or business to come up with a theme for their turtle. The turtles will then be installed at the desired location. To get involved, email email@example.com, or call (409)762-2529.
There will also be a smaller traveling turtle. Ridley will get to travel to participating businesses. Locals and Island visitors will be on the lookout for Ridley to snap their picture with him. Ridley will be auctioned off to help raise money for Turtle Island Restoration.