The seventh annual Galveston.com & Company Galveston Restaurant Week – Saturday, January 6th-Sunday, January 21st, 2018 brings Galveston Island’s vibrant food scene to life for two full weeks of delicious dining. The event will showcase the freshest ingredients, most flavorful dishes and tastiest culinary gems that Galveston has to offer.
Home of the finest Gulf Coast seafood and some of Texas’s most delectable restaurants, Galveston Island proudly welcomes visitors to Galveston Restaurant Week, where patrons can choose from Galveston’s most delightful and delicious eateries for prix-fixe lunch and/or dinner menus – in attractive prices you’re sure to savor.
Last year’s event featured a vast array of Galveston Island eateries and resulted in a very welcome boost during the Island’s slower season of winter.
This year’s week is presented by Gordon Food Service. For more than 115 years, Gordon Food Service has delivered the excellence, expertise, and quality products their customers need to create successful food operations and experiences. Gordon Food Service has grown to become the largest privately held, family-managed food service company by upholding the same approach since 1897 — being passionately committed to the people they serve.
Other sponsors include Gold Sponsor: Prestige Oysters, Inc.; Official Media Sponsor: “Houstonia” Magazine and “OutSmart Magazine.”
And while your taste buds are celebrating delicious, you can put the guilt aside knowing that your participation in Restaurant Week is helping others. This year, each restaurant participating in Galveston Restaurant Week has committed to help Access Care of Coastal Texas provide weekly lunches to its clients. These lunches provide nutrition for persons with HIV or AIDS. Many times this is the only nutritious meal a client may have that day, or sadly, that week.
To Be a Part of Restaurant Week
Participating in Galveston Restaurant Week is easy. No tickets or passes are required. Food lovers may simply dine out at as many participating restaurants as they like for two or 3-course dinners that will be priced between $20-$35; and 2-course lunches, breakfasts, and brunches will cost between $10-$20.
Reservations are strongly recommended to make sure you’re able to sample your favorite flavors. The public is invited to experience cuisine that will amplify your palate and highlight the fun of dining on Galveston Island. Quite simply, this culinary tradition promises to “celebrate delicious” like no other event of the year.
Join in this January and discover why Galveston Island is one of the Gulf Coast’s most diverse culinary destinations.
Visit the official Facebook page at facebook.com/CelebrateDelicious.
The following restaurants are participating this year. Be sure to check at galveston.com/restaurantweekmenus to view menus.
- Blake’s Bistro – 5222 Seawall Blvd., (409)744-1500
- BLVD. Seafood Blvd. – 2800 Seawall Blvd., (409)762-2583
- Brick House Tavern and Tap – 3502 Seawall Blvd., (409)763-5649
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. – 2501 Seawall Blvd., (409)766-4952
- EATcetera – 408 25th St. , (409)762-0803
- Fish Tales Seafood Grill – 2502 Seawall Blvd., (409)762-8545
- Fisherman’s Wharf – 2200 Harborside Dr., (409)765-5708
- Gaido’s Famous Seafood Restaurant – 3900 Seawall Blvd., (409)762-9625
- Grotto at The San Luis Resort – 5222 Seawall Blvd., (409)740-8605
- Gumbo Diner – 3602 Seawall Blvd., (409)762-3232
- Gypsy Joynt – 2711 Market St., (409)497-2069
- Huli Huli Hut – 312 19th St., (409)443-5525
- Joe’s Crab Shack – 3502 Seawall Blvd., (409)766-1515
- Landry’s Seafood House – 5310 Seawall Blvd., (409)744-1010
- Little Daddy’s Gumbo Bar – 2107 Postoffice St., (409)744-8626 (Winner of “Best Gumbo” in the 2015 Galveston.com Best of Galveston Awards)
- Nick’s Kitchen & Beach Bar – 3828 Seawall Blvd., (409)762-9625
- Number 13 – 7809 Broadway St., (409)572-2650
- Olympia Grill at Pier 21 – 100 21st St., (409)765-0021
- Olympia Grill Seawall – 4908 Seawall Blvd., (409)766-1222
- Porch Cafe – 1625 East Beach Dr., (409)762-0808
- Rainforest Cafe – 5310 Seawall Blvd., (409)744-6000
- Riondo’s Ristorante – 2328 Strand, (409) 621-9595
- Russo’s New York Pizzeria – 500 Seawall Blvd., (409)762-0200
- Saltgrass Steak House – 1502 Seawall Blvd., (409)762-4261
- Saltwater Grill – 2017 Postoffice St., (409)762-3474 (Winner of 2017, 2016 Restaurant of the Year Award)
- Shearn’s Seafood and Prime Steaks – 7 Hope Boulevard, (409)741-8484
- Shrimp ‘N Stuff Downtown – 216 23rd St., (409)974-4609
- Sky Bar Steak & Sushi Bar – 2105 Postoffice St., (409)621-4759
- The Spot, Island Famous – 3204 Seawall Blvd., (409)621-5237
- Taquilo’s Tex-Mex Cantina – 2101 Postoffice St., (409)497-4279
- Tortuga Mexican Kitchen – 6010 Seawall Blvd., (409)741-5000
- Trattoria La Vigna – 412 20th St., (409)497-4927
- Willie G’s – 2100 Harborside Dr., (409)762-3030
- Yaga’s Cafe and Bar – 2314 Strand, (409)762-6676
Photo Contest: Enter and Win
From Galveston Island’s famed seafood houses to The Strand District’s sidewalk cafes, from neighborhood pubs to dazzling hotel legends, Galveston Island makes it easy to enjoy some of the finest cuisine on the Gulf Coast.
How do you “Celebrate Delicious?” At your favorite Galveston restaurant? On a picnic? Or maybe you’d like to share a photo of your favorite Chef. Be creative, and feel free to enter as many times as you want November 6th, 2017-January 21st, 2018. Either submit your photo here, https://www.galveston.com/galveston-restaurant-week-photo-contest/#/gallery or simply tag your Instagram posts with hashtag #GalvRW2018.
Beginning January 22nd visitors to galveston.com/restaurantweek will have one week to vote for their favorite photo, and one lucky winner will capture the $500 Grand Prize on February 1st, 2018. Best of luck!