Biggest Food & Wine Festival Yet
The 8th annual Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival returns with all your favorite events and new wines, May 5th-6th.
Last year’s event included wines from 25 vineyards, and this year the event expects to surpass those numbers. From $30 to $156 there is a package that fits any budget and enough wine selections to satisfy the most critical palate.
- April 20th (Round 1: 6-7:30pm; Round 2: 8-9:30pm) – Blind Wine Tasting – All participating wines will be blind sampled and judged. Guests will swirl, sniff, and sip their way through more than 100 red and white wines participating in the Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival. Each bottle wears a disguise so attendees must rely solely on their palate to discern the story behind each vintage and vote its attributes. The Blind Wine Tasting will be held at Bienville Social, 323 23rd St. Rear. Limited tickets are available for $33.98.
- April 27th (6-9pm) – Chaîne des Rôtisseurs Dinner – The invitation-only dinner guests will blind taste the top three red and top three whites to determine the Grand Champion, Grand Reserve Champion, and Reserve Champion. The Confrérie de la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs™ is the oldest and largest food and wine society in the world. This event will be held at American National Insurance Co. 21st Floor.
- May 5th (6-8pm) – Premium Wine Tasting and Pairing – The Premium Wine Tasting and Pairing returns this year for the true gourmand. Guests will enjoy premium wines from vineyards around the world and decadent hors d’oeuvres along with exclusive art exhibits. This event will be held at the Galveston Island Convention Center, 5600 Seawall Blvd.
- May 6th (1-5pm) – The Grand Tasting – The Grand Tasting is the highlight of the festival. Patrons will embark on a tasting trip through vineyards from all around the world, enjoying approximately 200 wines and a variety of food samplings from the Island’s top restaurants. This event will be held at the Galveston Island Convention Center, 5600 Seawall Blvd.
- May 6th (7:30am) – Food & Wine Festival: 5k Champagne Run – Lace up your kicks and raise your little finger, it’s time to toast the 2nd Annual Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival Champagne Run. This morning race takes runners along the beautiful Seawall of Galveston Island and across a finish line of tiny bubbles. Several levels of participation are available.
A portion of the proceeds from the Galveston Island Food & Wine Festival benefits Galveston College Culinary Arts, Alvin Community College Culinary Arts & The Galveston County Resource, and Crisis Center.
For more info about ticket prices, packages, and events go to galvestonfoodandwinefestival.com.