Winter on Pleasure Pier:
The Rides Get Wilder in the Cold
Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, located at 2501 Seawall Blvd., features family-oriented attractions including rides, midway games, food venues, and retail shops. It is open year-round. Tickets can be purchased at pleasurepier.com. Coming up is:
- Weekend Adventure Pass – 3 parks, one pass for $39.99, unlimited access on Fridays-Sunday year-round to Galveston Pleasure Pier, Kemah Boardwalk and Downtown Aquarium Houston
- January 1st-February 25th: For a Day – Everyone visiting will pay kids price for admission of $19.99 All Day Ride Passes. Valid Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays.
- February 12th: Mardi Gras Weekend – Enjoy our Kid for Day discounts and revel in the fun
- February 16th-19th: President’s Day Weekend – The Weekend Adventure Pass will be good Friday–Monday.
- March 9th-18th: Spring Break Celebration – Enjoy unlimited visits during these two weeks to the Pleasure Pier, Kemah Boardwalk, and Downtown Aquarium Houston with our Spring Break Pass for only $89.99
- April 1st: Easter Celebration – Join the fun for Easter Bunny photos and a Golden Egg Hunt!
- April 6th–8th: Landry’s Select Club Weekend – LSC members receive “Buy One Get One All Day Ride Pass” at a regular price of $26.99, get the 2nd FREE! Must show valid LSC card.
- April 19th: Homeschool Day – Homeschooled students are invited to join for a day of educational thrills!
- April 20th–22nd: Crawfish Crazy Weekend – Live Zydeco music and Crawfish all weekend!
- April 26th & 27th: Education Days– School groups are invited to a learning adventure. Discover the history and excitement of the Pier in a new way. Advanced registration required for Thursdays and Fridays
- May: Education Days – School groups are invited to a learning adventure! Discover the history and excitement of the Pier in a new way. Advanced registration required for Thursdays and Fridays
- May 13th: Mother’s Day – Buy one All Day Ride Pass and Mom gets in free.
- May 25th–28th: Memorial Day Weekend – Three Parks – One Pass for $49.99 enjoy unlimited visits on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to the Pleasure Pier, Kemah Boardwalk and Downtown Aquarium Houston
January and February, The Pier is open weekends only: Fridays 4-8pm; Saturdays 11am-9pm; Sundays 11am-7pm.
All events are weather permitting. Ride hours are seasonal and are subject to change without notice. For more info and a full list of events go to pleasurepier.com.
“Shark Attack: The Mysterious Underworld 5D”
The very hard-to-miss giant head of a shark on Seawall Blvd. across from Pleasure Pier, at 2424 Seawall Blvd., is two thrilling “Shark Attack The Mysterious Underworld 5D” and “The Mysterious Underworld 5D” rides. Matrix Technology is the designer and creator of the attraction meant to make visitors feel very much a part of the frightening scene.
“Shark Attack” promises to test your bravery with their ferocious “Shark Attack” ride. Prepare yourself – you’re about to be witness to a jaw-dropping prehistoric Megalodon shark. One of the largest and most powerful predators that ever lived is back! He’s lurking in the ocean waters and searching for his next prey. “Shark Attack: The Mysterious Underworld 5D” offers visitors a chance to watch as a massive, angry shark attempts to break through what appears to be aquarium glass. Tickets are $7.
The second attraction is a simulated ride on a mine car into “The Mysterious Underworld.” Thrill seekers are surely eager to try this one! You can take an exhilarating ride through a dark forgotten mine. Sitting in a mine car, your seats will swing, sway and drop as you take this heart-racing ride! Effects include realistic movement in all directions, water, wind, scents, smoke, and fog. Tickets are $7.
Combo tickets for both are $12. Add to your excitement and buy a Pleasure Pier combo ticket for $36.99 / $29.99 (based on height), which includes an All Day Ride pass and both 5D rides.