Galveston Island Brewery (GIB) is a local brewery featuring an on-site taproom showcasing classic beer styles from around the world.
The tap room is open seven days a week, Monday-Thursday 3-9pm, Friday 3pm-12 midnight, Saturday 12 noon-12 midnight, and Sunday 12 noon-9pm. GIB offers free brewery tours every Saturday at 1pm. Tours are about 30 minutes long. Beer, camera, and questions are encouraged.
For more info call (409)740-7000 or go to galvestonislandbrewing.com, or you can always stop by the brewery located at 8423 Stewart Rd., Galveston.
At GIB this month are:
- March 23rd (5-9pm) – Dem Roots, Reggae
- April 13th (5-9pm) – Geoff Fish
- April 20th (4-8pm) – David Richardson
- April 21st – Crawfish Boil with specialty beer releases and beer specials and live Zydeco music
- March 25th (1-4pm) – Sunday Hootenanny Acoustic Jam
- April 27th (5-9pm) – Robert Kuhn Acoustic
- April 28th (2-5pm) – Monday Night Guys
Other events are:
- April 7th, May 5th, June 2nd (12 noon) Yoga At The Brewery – These yoga classes are free and open to the public. All levels welcome. Please bring a beach towel or yoga mat, water and any additional equipment needed.
- April 15th (11am) – BrisketU Backyard Pitmaster Class – BrisketU is the perfect setting for indoor and outdoor hands-on instruction on smoking brisket and other cuts of beef, pork, and fowl. Experienced pitmasters, passionate about the BBQ culture, teach proven techniques for mastering your BBQ pit. In a casual atmosphere, BrisketU will endow you with the tools and skills to choose the right meat, trim it, rub it, smoke it, baby it, cut it, serve it and eat it. In addition, BrisketU imparts the finer points on wood selection and smoke profiles, fire ignition tips, and heat management, and best practices to ensure you a consistent outcome every time you crank up the pit as a certified BrisketU Pitmaster. This will be held at Galveston Island Brewery, located at 8423 Stewart Rd., Galveston. For more info call (409)740-7000 or go to galvestonislandbrewing.com.
- June 9th – Galveston Island Brewing Co. 5K Beer Run – This run is the #3 in the Run in Texas 5K 6-Pack Series. Start and finish at the hip and groovy Galveston Island Brewing Co and run a well supported, well-staffed 5K on a fast and flat course. Post race party with food trucks and the usual 4 x 8 oz beer tastings in finisher glass included. All Runners receive finisher pint glass, tech shirt, and a well supported, well organized 5K run. Register at runintexas.com/galveston. The 2018 Texas 5K 6-Pack Beer Series & Challenge featuring breweries across Texas. Your registration includes entry into eight 5K beer runs, along with a limited edition tech T-shirt. Finish at least 6 events to complete the challenge and receive your custom finisher’s medal. Register at runintexas.com/sixpack.