The Kitchen Chick, Downtown Galveston’s charming boutique kitchen shop, offers specialty gourmet kitchen wares and accessories, plus a full schedule of enticing cooking classes and kids camps. Now in its new location at 2402 Market St., there’s a lot going on in the kitchen. This month be sure to check out:
- May 16th (6:30pm): Cooking with Fresh Herbs
- May 19th (11am-1:30pm): “We LOVE Authentic Sicilian Pizza”
- May 20th (12 noon-2:30pm): Keto Comfort Foods
- May 24th (6:30pm): Southern Fried Chicken Feast
- May 26th (11am-2pm): Fiesta Feast Brunch
- May 27th (12 noon-3pm): Feelin’ Crabby with Gulf Seafood
- June 1st (6:30pm): Southern Italy, Real Sicilian Spaghettios
- June 3rd (12 noon-3pm): Gulf Seafood, Feelin’ Crabby
- June 9th (11am-1pm): Southern Biscuit Saturday
Classes range from $50-$75.
Kids Summer Camps
Enroll your budding chef in The Kitchen Chick’s Summer Camps. Students will learn different cooking techniques, discuss nutrition, healthy eating, and practice food and kitchen safety in these delicious hands-on, interactive, and encouraging lessons. Your child’s kitchen confidence will skyrocket.
Each camp is 4 days in length, held 1-4:30pm, for 7-14 years, and led by a dynamic duo of certified teachers. The Kitchen Chick will provide aprons for each child to wear and all supplies and tools. Each student will receive all recipes prepared during their session on their last day of camp.
The cost for each one-week (4-Day: Monday, Wednesday-Friday) session is $300 per camper. The Kitchen Chick offers a $25 discount when enrolling a sibling in the same session.
Call (409)497-2999 or email email@example.com to enroll your child. Camps are:
- June 4th-8th (1-4:30pm): Bake & Be Happy
- June 11th-15th (1-4:30pm): Favorite State Fair Foods
- June 18th-22nd (1-4:30pm): Global Passport
- July 2nd-6th (1-4:30pm): Road Trip Across America
- July 9th-13th (1-4:30pm): Sweet & Savory Science
- July 16th-20th (1-4:30pm): Brunch Favorites
Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis, and class sizes are kept small to ensure lots of interaction with the instructor. To reserve your spot call (409)497-2999 or go to thekitchenchick.com.