It’s Almost Summer Time at Pleasure Pier
Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, located at 2501 Seawall Blvd., features family-oriented attractions including rides, midway games, food venues, and retail shops. It is open year-round. Tickets can be purchased at pleasurepier.com.
- May Education Days: School groups are invited to a learning adventure to discover the history and excitement of the Pier in a brand new way. Advanced registration is required for Thursdays and Fridays.
- May 13th: Mother’s Day Special- Buy one All Day Ride Pass and Mom gets in FREE!
- May 25th-28th: Memorial Day Weekend, the Weekend Adventure Pass is available for three parks (Pleasure Pier, Kemah Boardwalk, and Downtown Aquarium Houston) for $49.99. It gives you unlimited access Friday – Sunday.
Summer Movies on the Pier
Starting June 17th, every Sunday is Movie Night. Enjoy a movie night on the Pier starting at 7pm.
- June 17th: “The Little Mermaid”
- June 24th: “Beauty and the Beast”
- July 1st: “Justice League”
- July 8th: “Moana”
- July 15th: “Finding Dory”
- July 22nd: “Up”
- July 29th: “Tarzan”
- August 5th: “Surf Up”
- August 12th: “Lion King”
Summer Special Days
- June: Thrill Ride Wednesdays – Experience the thrills all month when you can buy one get one ½ off all day ride pass.
- June 9th-10th: Blues, Brews & BBQ with live music, beer and BBQ all weekend.
- June 15th-17th: Salute to Military & First Responders – Buy one get one free all day ride passes for active military, veterans, first responders and their families. Must present valid ID for discount.
All events and rides are weather permitting. For more info, tickets, and a full list of events go to pleasurepier.com.
“Shark Attack: The Mysterious Underworld 5D”
At the very hard-to-miss giant head of a shark jutting out of the building across from Pleasure Pier at 2424 Seawall Blvd., is the thrilling “Shark Attack The Mysterious Underworld 5D” and “The Mysterious Underworld 5D” rides.
Are you ready to test your bravery on this ferocious “Shark Attack” ride? Prepare yourself – you’re about to be witness to a jaw-dropping prehistoric Megalodon shark! One of the largest and most powerful predators that ever lived is back. He’s lurking through the ocean waters and searching for his next prey. Beware, you could be this shark’s next meal! “Shark Attack: The Mysterious Underworld 5D” offers visitors a chance to watch as a massive, angry shark attempts to break through what appears to be aquarium glass.
The second attraction is a simulated ride on a mine car into “The Mysterious Underworld” where you can take an exhilarating ride through a dark, forgotten mine. Sitting in a mine car, your seats will swing, sway, and drop as you take this heart-racing ride. Effects include realistic movement in all directions, water, wind, scents, smoke, and fog.
Combo tickets for both rides are $12. Add to your excitement and buy a Pleasure Pier combo ticket for $36.99 / $29.99 (based on height) which includes an All Day Ride pass and both 5D rides.