Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier, located at 2501 Seawall Blvd., features family-oriented attractions including rides, midway games, food venues, and retail shops. It is open year-round. Tickets can be purchased at pleasurepier.com.
The Weekend Adventure Pass is available for three parks, one pass for $39.99, unlimited access on Fridays-Sunday year-round to Galveston Pleasure Pier, Kemah Boardwalk, and Downtown Aquarium Houston. Coming up is:
- April 1st (12 noon-4pm): Easter Celebration – Join the fun for Easter Bunny photos and a Golden Egg Hunt, held once every hour.
- Saturday, March 24th – Blue Groove Trio, 5-9
- Sunday, March 25th – Shekere Trio, 2-6
- Saturday, March 31st – Radio Frequency, 5-9
Later this Year
- April 6th–8th: Landry’s Select Club Weekend – LSC members receive “Buy One Get One All Day Ride Pass” at the regular price of $26.99, get the 2nd FREE! Must show valid LSC card.
- April 19th: Homeschool Day – Homeschooled students are invited to join for a day of educational thrills. Students can participate in educational history, math and science programs on the pier. Program and ride wristbands are $15.99; programs and walk on pass only is $10.
- April 20th–22nd: Crawfish Crazy Weekend – Live Zydeco music and Crawfish all weekend!
- April 26th & 27th: Education Days– School groups are invited to a learning adventure. Discover the history and excitement of the Pier in a new way. Advanced registration required for Thursdays and Fridays
- May: Education Days – School groups are invited to a learning adventure! Discover the history and excitement of the Pier in a new way. Advanced registration required for Thursdays and Fridays
- May 13th: Mother’s Day – Buy one All Day Ride Pass and Mom gets in free.
- May 25th–28th: Memorial Day Weekend – Three Parks – One Pass for $49.99 enjoy unlimited visits on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to the Pleasure Pier, Kemah Boardwalk, and Downtown Aquarium Houston
- June: Thrill Ride Wednesdays – Experience the thrills all month when you can buy one get one ½ off all day ride pass.
- Starting June 17th, Every Sunday Movie Night – Enjoy a movie night on the Pier
- June 9th-10th: Blues, Brews & BBQ with live music, beer and BBQ all weekend
- June 15th-17th: Salute to Military & First Responders – Buy one get one free all day ride passes for active military, veterans, first responders, and their families. Must present valid ID for discount.
Pleasure Pier is open weekends only and all week during Spring Break, March 12th-16th. All events and rides are weather permitting. For more info and a full list of events go to pleasurepier.com.
“Shark Attack: The Mysterious Underworld 5D”
Are you ready to test your bravery with our ferocious “Shark Attack” ride? Prepare yourself – you’re about to be witness to a jaw-dropping prehistoric Megalodon shark! One of the largest and most powerful predators that ever lived is back. He’s lurking in the ocean waters and searching for his next prey. Beware – you could be this sharks next meal! “Shark Attack: The Mysterious Underworld 5D” offers visitors a chance to watch as a massive, angry shark attempts to break through what appears to be aquarium glass.
The very hard-to-miss giant head of a shark jutting out of the building on Seawall Blvd. across from Pleasure Pier, at 2424 Seawall Blvd., is two thrilling “Shark Attack The Mysterious Underworld 5D” and “The Mysterious Underworld 5D” rides. Matrix Technology is the designer and creator of the attraction meant to make visitors feel very much a part of the frightening scene. Tickets are $7.
The second attraction is a simulated ride on a mine car into “The Mysterious Underworld.” You can take an exhilarating ride through a dark forgotten mine. Sitting in a mine car, your seats will swing, sway, and drop as you take this heart-racing ride. Effects include realistic movement in all directions, water, wind, scents, smoke, and fog. Tickets are $7.
Combo tickets for both are $12. Add to your excitement and buy a Pleasure Pier combo ticket for $36.99 / $29.99 (based on height), which includes an All Day Ride pass and both 5D rides.