For 50 years, Galveston Historical Foundation’s Dickens on The Strand festival has highlighted downtown Galveston’s Victorian-era architecture while providing a one-of-a-kind holiday destination filled with the sights and sounds of Charles Dickens’ work.
This year’s event continues that tradition with new entertainers and events, returning favorites, and family-friendly programming. Learn more by clicking here.
Brush off your bowlers and prepare your petticoats as Galveston Historical Foundation presents the 50th annual Dickens on The Strand. Held the first weekend in December, the annual festival is a holiday tradition with great family programming, live entertainment, special events, and more.
The annual holiday street festival, based on 19th-century Victorian London, features parades, non-stop entertainment on four stages, new additions like Tiny Tim’s Play Land, Shopkeeper Skills Village, and roaming characters throughout the festival. Costumed vendors peddle their wares from street stalls and rolling carts laden with holiday food and drink, Victorian-inspired crafts, clothing, jewelry, holiday decorations, and gift items.
- Tickets are non-refundable and good for a single day’s admission.
- Admission for Fezziwig’s Friday, December 1, from 5-9 p.m., is free to the public.
- Ticket prices will increase on Friday, November 24, to $25 for adults, $18 for youth, and $20 for GHF members.
- VIP area access closes at 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Attendees in Victorian costume may purchase their half-price ticket at the gate.
VIP & GOLDEN TICKET DETAILS
- Buckingham Palace VIP – VIP tickets include access to the Buckingham Palace VIP area. This space, located inside the festival grounds, has special programming, meet & greets, photo opportunities, food, drink, and more on both days of the festival. VIP ticket holders will also receive a limited edition Dickens on The Strand medallion.
- 50th Anniversary Golden Ticket – Holders of this anniversary pass will receive a special code that allows redemption of one ticket to every event held during the 50th anniversary of Dickens on The Strand. In addition, Golden Ticket passes will include a #GalvestonHistory guest pass good for one admission to Galveston Historical Foundation sites and attractions, a limited edition 50th Anniversary Dickens on The Strand challenge coin, a reserved carriage ride for Golden Ticket holders in the Dickens on the Strand parades, one complimentary membership to Galveston Historical Foundation, early admission to select events and automatic entry to a special prize package. Please note that reservations for special events must be entered via a promo code sent by Galveston Historical Foundation by Friday, November 17, while supplies last. Golden Ticket holders are required to reserve their tickets for associated special events. Galveston Historical Foundation is not responsible for special events being sold out before Golden Ticket is redeemed. Tickets not reserved by that date will not be allowed access.
For more information on Dickens on The Strand, Galveston Historical Foundation, or to purchase advance tickets, please visit galvestonhistory.org or call 409-765-7834. For more festival information, please contact Will Wright, Chief Creative Officer, at 409-765-3424 or email@example.com.