Starting November 16th-January 12th, Holiday in the Gardens will take place. As the largest holiday destination in the Southwest, Moody Gardens offers more holiday attractions, activities, festive fun, dining and hotel packages than you can imagine.
The eight Holiday Attractions at Moody Gardens are Ice Land: Christmas Around the World, Festival of Lights, Cirque Joyeux, Holiday 3D Films, Rudolph 4D, Ice Skating, Arctic Slide, Train Rides, and Photos with Santa plus live entertainment, great food, group rates, hotel packages and more!
There will also be ice skating, an arctic slide, photos with Santa, train rides and more.
Tickets are available in all kinds of combo packages as well as individual packages. Moody Gardens has SUPER Value Days for Bigger Discounts at Holiday in the Gardens! Admission starts at just $8.95 for Festival of Lights and $19.95 for ICE LAND with an additional $5 off for seniors and children at ICE LAND on these special days. For more information, including a calendar of Super Value Days, go to moodygardens.com/holiday_season/plan_your_visit.
Hours are 10am-10pm for Iceland daily. Festival of Lights is 6-10pm daily. Christmas day Iceland will open at 12 noon.
There is a live IceLand webcam set up at moodygardens.com/iceland_tent/ so that you can see Ice Land: Christmas Around the World come to life.
- Super Value Days – Admission starts at just $8.95 for Festival of Lights and $19.95 for ICE LAND with an additional $5 off for seniors and children at ICE LAND on these special days.
- Food Drive Thursdays – held each Thursday, Nov. 21-Jan. 9, 2020, giving guests a chance to enjoy Festival of Lights at a special two-for-one admission discount. Guests only need to bring a non-perishable food item to receive the discount. All donations will benefit Galveston County and Houston Food Banks.
- Evening Pass – Guests can enjoy all that Moody Gardens has to offer with admission to Rainforest, Discovery & Aquarium Pyramids, MG3D &4D Theaters, Arctic Slide, Colonel Paddlewheeler, Skate Rental, ICE LAND, Festival of Lights, Ropes Course, Train, and Zip Line. Available after 3pm. Visit on a Value Day or Super Value Day and save even more.
- Combo Tickets – Enjoy admission to the Festival of Lights and Ice Land for a great price after 3pm.
- Try It and Buy It – Don’t forget any ticket purchase can be applied towards an annual membership, which gives great savings all year long!
- Free Parking – As always at Moody Gardens, parking is free for all guests!
Daily (2pm): Colonel Paddlewheel Boat – Live the high-life on an hour-long cruise aboard a replica of a 1800s paddlewheel boat. Dinner and private cruises are available for groups of 65 or more. Cruise times subject to change due to weather conditions. Please call (409)683-4200 to check the schedule status.
Dinner Cruises Aboard Colonel Paddlewheel Boat – Enjoy beautiful views of Offatts Bayou, plus a dinner buffet, dancing, and a cash bar. Boarding begins at 7pm and cruise departs at 8pm. Cost is $65 per person and $55 for kids ages 4-12. Reservations are required by Wednesday prior to the scheduled cruise date at (409)683-4419. Go to moodygardens.com for scheduled dinner cruises.
Daily (1pm and 3pm): Penguin Encounter – The Moody Gardens Public Penguin Encounter is a 45-minute program designed to allow guests to get up close to one of the penguins from the Aquarium Pyramid South Atlantic Exhibit. Led by a Moody Gardens biologist, the experience starts at the front of the exhibit and takes guests behind the scenes to the penguin food preparation kitchen; and to the back of the chilly penguin exhibit while discussing penguin biology, conservation, training, enrichment, and care. Tickets are Monday-Friday $55 per person, and Saturday-Sunday $75 per person. Participants must also purchase admission to the Aquarium Pyramid. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. June 1st-August 11th, tours will be daily at 1pm and 3pm. To schedule an appointment, please call (409)683-4102.
The Seal and Penguin Experience Package – Experience what it’s like to be a keeper at the South Atlantic and North Pacific exhibits for a day. Participants will experience what it is like to take care of the penguins and seals that call Moody Gardens their home in this 4-hour behind the scenes adventure. The morning will be spent assisting the biologists cleaning the penguin exhibit, preparing their diet, watching training sessions, and meeting a seal, feeding the penguins, and creating a piece of penguin art for you to remember your experience with. Please contact (409)683-4102 or e-mail email@example.com for more info. Cost is $250 per person.
Daily (1:30pm): Great River Otter Experience – Join an otter biologist as they take you behind the scenes of the otter exhibit for the rare opportunity to meet our Giant River Otters. Learn about otter biology, conservation and how these amazing animals are cared for in their private interior exhibit area. After this 45 minute encounter behind the scenes, you can then join the biologist on the training platform during the 2:30pm “You Otter Know” public presentation. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets are $75 per person. To schedule an appointment please email email@example.com. Tickets are Monday-Friday $375 per group, Saturday-Sunday $425 per group.