Artist Boat is a regional leader in eco-art to inspire people to conserve our Gulf Coast. Art meets science in Artist Boat’s Eco-Art Camp sessions. Campers will experience true science and art enrichment with the creation of Eco-Art. Each camper will create high-quality art projects which illustrate all that they have learned throughout the camp.
Camp highlights are Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) enrichment, and high-quality art projects.
Sessions are limited to 12 campers. Half day and full day sessions are offered. Classes are offered and divided by age group (ages 5-8 and ages 9-12). Register at artistboat.org/eco-art-camps.
- June 3rd-7th (Ages 5-8): “Fish Frenzy” and “Whale of a Time”
- June 10th-14th (Ages 9-12): “Shark Mania” and “Marine Inverts”
- June 17th-21st (Ages 5-8): “Off the Deep End” and “Fish Frenzy”
- June 24th-28th (Ages 9-12): “Whale of a Time” and “Shark Mania”
- July 8th-12th (Ages 5-8): “Marine Inverts” and “Off the Deep End”
- June 15th-19th (Ages 9-12): “Fish Frenzy” and “Whale of a Time”
- July 22nd-26th (Ages 5-8): “Shark Mania” and “Marine Inverts”
- July 29th-August 2nd (Ages 9-12): “Off the Deep End” and “Fish Frenzy”
- August 5th-9th (Ages 5-8): “Whale of a Time” and “Shark Mania”
Artist Boat’s purpose is protecting our Gulf Coast through land conservation and with fun, educational, inspiring adventures that spark creativity, awareness, and action.
Since its inception, over 100,000 participants have helped bring 40,000 students to estuaries by kayak, foot, or vessel; created over 50+ public artworks; conserved over 600+ acres on west Galveston Island forming the Coastal Heritage Preserve and creating a place for the future Gulf Coast Environmental Education Center; restored over 50 acres of dunes and prairies to assure recovery of these ecosystems following Hurricane Ike; formed the Bucket Brigade comprised of a Marine Debris Task Force; conducted interpretive tours; and beautified buckets for trash, recycle centers, and more on Galveston beaches.