OkraFest is Galveston’s Own Farmers Market’s annual party where we eat, drink and make merry–all in the name of community, local agriculture and good food for all.
The funds raised support GOFM in our work towards bettering this community through connecting folks to better food, to better health and to one another.
Our 5th annual fundraiser is an epicurean feast with local foods sourced from nearby farms & food artisans, prepared by local chefs who deserve a spotlight. Served in the beautiful historic Garten Verein, the night is rounded off with a silent auction, raffle prizes, live music and plenty of drinks & food to share.
This will be held: Saturday, August 3, 2019 – 6-7PM – VIP Cocktail Hour; 7-11PM – OkraFest at Garten Verein, 2704 Avenue O Galveston, Texas 77550.
Enjoy Early Bird Pricing until July 27th!
Your General Admission ticket allows you to taste true local summer flavors with a small plates epicurean menu featuring dishes from local chefs.
VIP Ticket includes:
- Admission to the exclusive VIP Cocktail Hour (6-7p)
- Admission to Okra Fest
- Limited edition Okra Fest lapel pin
Every Thursday 3-6pm and Sunday 9am-12 noon (note new summer hours), Galveston’s Own Farmers Market is held at The Bryan Museum Gardens, located at 1315 21st St. Come to the beautiful Conservatory and botanical gardens to relax and enjoy time and conversation with friends, family, and museum staff while shopping for locally grown produce, prepared foods, and edible farm products, plus live music, yoga, massage, crafting and Kids Corner!
The Thursday market features all of the perks that you’ve come to expect at the market plus the added charms of the Bryan Museum’s “Wine at the Bryan” weekly event. The Sunday market also features wonderful goods and the charm of Bryan’s courtyard. It is always free to browse and most events are FREE to participate.
At every market, there will be:
- Live music
- FREE Library Card sign-ups with Rosenberg Library
- FREE massages with Galveston Sports Massage
- A chance to learn more about The Bryan Museum
- FREE recycling with Keepin’ It Green: Every week, they accept your clean, rinsed recyclable plastics, glass, aluminum and paper/cardboard. KIG comes to pick it up every week aftermarket.
- GOFM is always “BYOC” – bring your own cup. They have eliminated single-use cups for the free Sunday morning coffee station and Thursday water station. Support the initiative by cleaning out your cupboards and donating unwanted mugs to market for others to use.
- Every Sunday (10am): Yoga Classes – These classes are led by local yoga teachers. All classes are free to attend.