February 22nd-March 5th: “Mardi Gras! Galveston” 2019 – Bead There
At “Mardi Gras! Galveston”, the extravagance found in Texas’ largest Mardi Gras celebration starts with the beads! More than 3 million beads will be thrown at “Mardi Gras! Galveston” and that’s just the beginning of the elaborate parades, headliner performances, family events, feasting and other festivities that come with hosting Mardi Gras island style.
WATCH…all your favorite Mardi Gras parades (including the Mystic Krewe of Aquarius, Krewe Gambrinus and Knights of Momus Grand Night Parade as they come to the Entertainment District) from a balcony party on the Strand! Balcony parties include admission into the Entertainment District, access to the balcony party with cash bar and music and a VIP view of the Mardi Gras festivities! Find the full list of tickets HERE.
DANCE…to non-stop entertainment on the Budweiser Stage and Electric Mardi Gras Stage. Buy your General Admission tickets today and have access to all concerts!
RUN…the 108th “Mardi Gras! Galveston” Official 5k Run to start the party early!
ROLL…with the 8th Annual Zaniest Golf Cart Parade! Golf Cart parade entries receive FREE entry into the Entertainment District & Best Decorated Golf Cart gets FREE Balcony Party Passes!
RIDE…with your “Ticket to Ride” We provide the float, beads, driver and balcony party you provide the Krewe! Gather your friends and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up today and ask about ALL the ways to PLAY!
There will be lots of parades, balcony parties, Jolly Jester 5K and tons of live music and entertainment. Watch galvestonislandguide.com/mardigras for details.
Enter the 2019 “Mardi Gras! Galveston” Official Poster Contest
The winning poster will be reproduced as a commemorative poster to be released as part of “Mardi Gras! Galveston” 2019. The winning artist will receive a $1,000 award.
Submissions will be accepted November 5th-January 16th and should be delivered to Yaga’s Entertainment, Inc., 2314 Strand, Galveston, TX 77550 between 9am-3pm.
The Poster Unveiling Party will be February 1st at 6pm at Beerfoot Brewery.
Several packages for tickets are available including:
- 1st Weekend 2 Day General Admission Package (February 22nd-23rd) – $19
- 2nd Weekend 2 Day General Admission Package (March 1st-2nd) – $19
- 5 Day General Admission Package (February 22nd, 23rd, 24th, March 1st, 2nd) – $45
- One Day General Admission Tickets (any day) – $12
- Fiesta Gras General Admission Tickets (February 24th) – $15
Balcony parties feature a great view of the Mardi Gras festivities, cash bar, and music. Your ticket will include your gate admission and entrance into the designated balcony. General Admission tickets are available:
- 1st Weekend Multi Balcony Pass – $208.95 in advance
- February 22nd: Funky Uptown Umbrella Brigade Balcony Party (Trolley Station, 2021 Strand) – $42
- 2nd Weekend Multi Balcony Pass – $208.95 in advance
- Both Weekends: Mardi Gras Kings Court (Trolley Station, 2021 Strand) – $42-$68
- Both Weekends: Mardi Gras Queens Court (Trumpets Building, 2217 Strand) – $45-$65
- Both Weekends: Mardi Gras Headquarter Balcony Party (Dargan & Tobyn Building, 23rd & Strand) – $25-$78
- March 1st-2nd: Krewe of Babalu Balcony Party (2100 Strand) – $47-$78
- March 3rd: Krewe of the Barkus & Meoux A Cat’s View Balcony Party (Trolley Station, 2021 Strand) – $25
- March 3rd: Firefighters Children’s Parade Balcony Party (2228 Strand St.) – $15
- March 5th: Kiwanis Club of Galveston Fat Tuesday Balcony Party (2228 Strand St.) – $25
- Mardi Gras Z Festival Balcony Party (Jockusch Building, 2025 Strand) – $140
Headliners Up Close & Personal Party will be available for the Country headliner, Fiesta Gras headliner, and more for $42 at Trolley Station, 2021 Strand on March 1st and 2nd, 5pm.
Some balcony party tickets sell out fast. Please purchase in advance at mardigrasgalveston.com.