Based on Island events from summer seasons past like the Pageant of Pulchritude and Splash Day, the Galveston Island Beach Revue was resurrected into a contemporary two-day, family-friendly event in 2009.
The Galveston Island Beach Revue continues to grow each year through events, contestant participation, and attendance and is officially the City of Galveston’s “Kickoff to Summer” event.
2021’s event will be held May 15th, 2021 at Beach Central on Seawall Boulevard in Galveston.
Your ticket is good for 2-4 individuals (depending on which you select) in a socially distanced pod. Pods are available on a first-come, first-served basis and give access to the classic car show, food and vintage vendors, concessions, and more located throughout Beach Central.
THE CAR SHOW
Hot rods, rat rods, vintage trailers and more are lining up to take part in the Galveston Island Beach 2021 car show!
- No models after 1975.
- The first 30 cars receive a complimentary dash plate.
- Prizes are awarded in Best in Show, Best Pain, Distance Travelled, Best Club Participation, Judge’s Choice, and Best Interior
- Advance registration is $20 and increases to $25 the day of.
Vehicles can check in from 11:30 – 12:30. No early departures from the event are allowed and registration fees are non-refundable. No outside food or drinks are allowed. Concessionaires will be available at the event for food and drink purchases. Registration includes admission to the event.
BATHING BEAUTIES CONTEST
Always a crowd favorite, the weekend’s main event is the Bathing Beauties Contest beginning. Retro swimwear is chic and vintage is king as contestants from across the country catwalk across Galveston’s historic shoreline modeling vintage and vintage-inspired swimwear and accessories that echo the “good ole days” of Galveston’s summertime history. Classic pinup styles, the likes that Esther Williams, Marilyn Monroe and Bettie Page made famous, will heat up the beaches as 30 contestants vie for cash prizes and top honors.
- Cut-off date to register / enter is Saturday, May 1st, 2021, or when entry maximum is filled.
- Registration is limited to the first 30 accepted applicants.
- Contestants are chosen based on the quality of their vintage or vintage-inspired swimsuit and are not selected on a first-come, first-serve basis. We encourage applicants not to apply until they have their applications complete.
- Applications must be filled out in full, including a picture of your actual vintage or vintage-inspired swimsuit. Applications that are missing information will not be accepted. Changes cannot be made after submission.
- The application fee will be returned to you if you are not accepted as a contestant.
- You have not been accepted until you are notified via email of your acceptance which will include your contestant packet with contest information.