Kids Summer Cooking Camps At The Kitchen Chick This Month
The Kitchen Chick, Downtown Galveston’s charming boutique kitchen shop, offers specialty gourmet kitchen wares and accessories, plus a full schedule of enticing cooking classes. Now in its new location at 2402 Market St., there’s a lot going on in the kitchen.
Classes range from $50-$75. Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis. Class sizes are kept small to ensure lots of interaction with the instructor. To reserve your spot call (409)497-2999 or go to thekitchenchick.com.
- June 8th: Knife Skills (1:30-3:30pm) & Sharpening (10am-1pm) with Wusthof Knives (this class is $20/person)
- June 10th, 12th-14th (1-4:30pm): Teen Summer Cooking Camp: Teen Sous Chef Training Camp
- June 13th (6:30pm): Boozy Creole Feast
- June 15th (11am): Drunk In Love – Macarons with Boozy Fillings
- June 17th, 19th-21st (1-4:30pm): Kids Summer Cooking Camp: Bake & Be Happy
- June 23rd (12noon): Gulf Seafood, Feelin’ Crabby
- June 24th, 26th-28th (1-4:30pm): Kids Summer Cooking Camp: Little Italy
- June 27th (6:30pm): Fresh Homemade Ravioli
- July 3rd (11am-2pm): Kids Cooking Class: Road Trip through America
- July 5th (6:30pm): Gulf Seafood – Salute to Shrimp and Snapper
- July 8th, 10th-12th (1-4:30pm): Kids Summer Cooking Camp: Brunch Bunch
- July 11th (6pm): Community Cooking Class – Fresh Veggie Pizza
- July 13th (11am): Macaron Magic
- July 15th, 17th-19th (1-4:30pm): Kids Summer Cooking Camp: Summer Lovin’ Comfort Food
- July 31st, August 1st and 2nd (11am): Kids Cooking Class: Baking is Happiness
July 1st (11am): Kids Hogwarts Banquet
Calling all wizards and muggles! Chef Bailey Glover is conjuring the tasty treats from Hogwarts! Your child will learn to make golden snitch cheese balls, a slithering Nagini snake calzone, and decadent chocolate cauldron cakes. The class will also brew a batch of homemade butter beer! The class includes everything, so students can leave their wands and robes at home. Spells (aka recipes) will be shared with attendees before they depart on their brooms. This class is full of magic and charms!
Tickets are $50 for wizard in training. This class is open to children ages 7 years and up.
Please call (409)497-2999 to reserve your spot! Reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis (website comments will NOT count as reservations; you must call Kitchen Chick). Payment is due at the time of reservation. Class sizes are kept small to ensure you get to interact with the instructors. They can’t wait to get cooking with you!