The Kitchen Chick, Downtown Galveston’s charming boutique kitchen shop, offers specialty gourmet kitchen wares and accessories, plus a full schedule of enticing cooking classes. Now in its new location at 2402 Market St., there’s a lot going on in the kitchen.
Classes range from $50-$75. Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis. Class sizes are kept small to ensure lots of interaction with the instructor. To reserve your spot call (409)497-2999 or go to thekitchenchick.com.
- May 5th (1pm): Fabulous Fiesta Cookies
- May 9th (6:30pm): Cooking with Ancient Grains
- May 10th (6:30pm): Boozy Creole Fest
- May 11th (11am): Macaron Magic
- May 14th (11am): Community Cooking Class – Summer Pasta
- May 17th (6:30pm): Gulf Seafood, Feelin’ Crabby
- May 24th (6:30pm): Gulf Seafood, Feelin’ Crabby
- May 25th (11am): Southern Biscuits
- June 10th, 12th-14th (1-4:30pm): Teen Summer Cooking Camp: Teen Sous Chef Training Camp
- June 17th, 19th-21st (1-4:30pm): Kids Summer Cooking Camp: Bake & Be Happy
- June 24th, 26th-28th (1-4:30pm): Kids Summer Cooking Camp: Little Italy
- July 8th, 10th-12th (1-4:30pm): Kids Summer Cooking Camp: Brunch Bunch
- July 15th, 17th-19th (1-4:30pm): Kids Summer Cooking Camp: Summer Lovin’ Comfort Food
- July 3rd (11am-2pm): Kid’s Cooking Class: Road Trip through America
- July 11th (6pm): Community Cooking Class – Fresh Veggie Pizza
- July 31st (11am): Kids Cooking Class: Baking is Happiness
July 1st (11am): Kids Hogwarts Banquet
Calling all wizards and muggles! Chef Bailey Glover is conjuring the tasty treats from Hogwarts! Your child will learn to make golden snitch cheese balls, a slithering Nagini snake calzone and decadent chocolate cauldron cakes. The class will also brew a batch of homemade butter beer! The class includes everything, so students can leave their wands and robes at home. Spells (aka recipes) will be shared with attendees before they depart on their brooms. This class is full of magic and charms!
Tickets are $50 for wizard in training. This class is open to children ages 7 years and up.
Please call (409)497-2999 to reserve your spot! Reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis (website comments will NOT count as reservations; you must call Kitchen Chick). Payment is due at the time of reservation. Class sizes are kept small to ensure you get to interact with the instructors. They can’t wait to get cooking with you!