To add a 5K to this list, click HERE. To list an event is always free.
September 8th: The Daily News Press Run – Run, walk, or jog in Galveston’s premier Causeway Run. The Daily News Press Run supports the Newspapers In Education program. Featuring certified 5K and 10K courses, an exciting Kid’s 1K, vendor booths, food, drinks, snacks, moonwalks, music, a costume contest, and much more, this race is fun for everyone. For more info go to dailynewspressrun.com.
September 9th: Captain Kids Triathlon – Captain Kids Tri is a triathlon just for kids. There are two divisions: Mates (USAT age 11-14) and Mini Mates (USAT ages 6-10) with different course distances. This race is $65 and is limited to 600 participants. For more info and to register go to captainkidstri.com.
September 29th: 5K Shrimp Scamper – Enjoy the official 5K of the Galveston Island Shrimp Festival. This is your opportunity to scamper your way around Galveston’s beautifully rebuilt beach and follow it up with a day of great eats and drinks. For more info go to galvestonislandshrimpfestival.com.
September 30th: Island Girl Tri – Island Girl Tri is a super fun multi-sport event, perfect for those who want to do their first triathlon and for veteran triathletes as well. Enjoy a 200m swim in the Palm Beach lazy river at Moody Gardens, a flat 8-mile bike ride in Galveston, and a 2 mile run around the lush and tropical Moody Gardens. Stick around for post-race fun, food, and refreshments. Women and girls, ages 8 years old and up are welcome. For more info go to islandgirltri.com.
- October 6th: Light Up the Dark
- October 13th: Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- October 20th: Toughest 10K Causeway Run
- October 20th-21st: Bike Around the Bay
- November 10th: Galveston Wicked Wine Run
- November 11th: Festival of Lights Outrun Hunger 5K
- December 16th: Santa Hustle
- January 19th, 2019: Chili Quest & Beer Fest 5K
- February 2nd, 2019: Surfside Beach Marathon
- February 3rd, 2019: “Galveston! Mardi Gras” Jolly Jester Jaunt 5K
- February 17th, 2019: Galveston Marathon, Half Marathon and 5K
- April 27th, 2019: Galveston Island Wine Festival Champagne 5K
- April 28th, 2019: Divas Half Marathon & 5K